After Care for your new Tattoo.
After 1 to 2 hours you will remove the plastic wrap from your tattoo. Wash your hands,
then wash your tattoo with an antibacterial fragrance free soap and shower warm water.
Rinse with cold water until all traces of blood, ointment, and seeping ink are removed.
Your tattoo should feel smooth to the touch.
1. Let your tattoo air dry and/or pat dry with a clean paper towel, never wipe. Allow your
tattoo to completely dry before applying a small amount of ointment or lotion.
2. For the first 3 days, wash your tattoo Morning and Night. After 3 days, switch to once a
day when you shower. Allow 30 minutes of dry time then apply ointment 2-3 times a day as needed. Make little dots all
over the tattoo with ointment or lotion and rub in completely until dry to the touch. Too much
ointment or lotion can make the tattoo become irritated, so really LESS IS MORE.
3. Your tattoo will flake and peel just like a sunburn. If you start to get thicker scabbing,
make sure you are not keeping your tattoo too moist. Ease up on the ointment or lotion if
needed. DO NOT pick, scratch, or mess with your tattoo.
4. DO NOT soak your fresh tattoo in Pools, Hot tubs, Oceans, Fresh water, or Baths, until
5. NO direct sunlight until completely healed. Once healed if you cannot prevent exposure
to the sun then apply maximum strength sun block (SPF 45 or higher) to keep your
colors looking bright and new.
6. keep pets away from your new tattoo. If pets sleep in the same bed, wash sheets twice a
7. Healing generally takes about 12-14 days.
As long as you follow these instructions you should have an easy time with your
healing. For any questions or concerns, feel free to give me a call or email.
Recommended lotions: Lubriderm, Aquphor, Aveeno or Curel Lotion